Hotel near Delhi Airport Terminal 3
The passenger terminal complex at IIndira Gandhi International Airport consists of two main passenger terminals - T1 & T3 -Domestic Terminal 1 (presently two buildings - Arrivals T1C & Departures T1D - both within walking distance) and new integrated Terminal 3 with an Arrivals and a Departure Level for both Domestic & International operations. Both T1D & T3 are connected by underground tunnel.
The separate Hajj terminal is only in operation from October through December.)
Customer Care can be reached by calling +91 124 337 6000 - or 4797300.
Security, off-airport check-in, passport /immigration/ customs clearance /special immigration desks /waiting time:
1. CISF Security now allows passengers with a soft copy of the e-ticket.
2. Off-Airport Check-in: Metro stations of New Delhi, Shivaji & Dhaula Kuan offer check-in facilities, while New Delhi & Shivaji stations also offer baggage check-in facilities - presently for Air India only. Self-check-in kiosks are also available near the check-in counters of the terminals.
3. Passport /Immigration check applies to nationals & foreigners alike - both at arrival & depature. Overseas passengers need to complete an Arrival Card for immigration/customs clearance, and upon departure complete the Departure Card.
4. A large number of immigration desks at T3 are marked for the following categories of passengers with: Indian & Foreign passports; traveling Business or First Class; are of Indian origin or are an Indian citizen living overseas; are diplomats or Officials; or are members of SAARC nations.
5. New Customs Rules: International Arrivals now need to complete a new customs form with 19 questions (best to complete onboard their flight) - some of which pertain to gold - including on-person gold jewelry (a female passenger is allowed to wear no more than 35 grams of gold. Note: an appraisal counter will establish value of jewelry - and upon passenger's return to the Airport no taxes will be levied onthe same jewelry.
6. Waiting time: Most of T3's passengers will not wait more than 10 minutes at customs, immigration, or security check.
Transfers & Connections:
Transfer counters at T3 in the international transfer area enable international transfer passengers to complete all pre-boarding formalities prior to boarding their next plane.
Transfers between T1 & T3: Blue shuttle buses run every 20 mins outside of the Arrivals levels. The tunnel road also has a separate walkway..
Terminal 1 - presently the low-cost carrier terminal - with separate buildings T1C for Arrivals & T1D for Departures - is served by Go Air, Indigo & Spicejet airlines. T1C & T1D are within walking distance (or use free golf cart service), while T1D connect by underground tunnel to T3.
Arrivals Terminal T1C offers food & drink and retail concessions in- & outside the terminal, airline & tourist counters, currency exchange and ATM machines.
Departures Terminal T1D offers an information counter, four check-in stations; security checkpoints, food & drink and retail concessions, smoking room, child care & children play area, bank, ATM machines, currency exchange, internet zone and laptop station, and access to the pier and its departure gates. T1D also has a 6D Cinema theater..